How much does an end of tenancy clean cost?
For tenants, landlords, and agents, it’s good to know on average how much end of tenancy cleaning costs. Our team have put together a simple guide to help give you an average price.
We’ve categories 3 types of end of tenancy clean depending on how thorough you need the service:
- The first category is Property only – this excludes ovens, appliances, and carpet cleaning.
- The second category is Property + Appliances – this excludes carpet cleaning.
- The final category is Property + Appliance + Carpets – which is the most comprehensive end of tenancy clean.
Depending on your requirements, here’s some advice for who is responsible for organising the end of tenancy clean:
- For Tenants – We recommend that all tenants get at least a Property Only professional end of tenancy clean, regardless of whether you are contractually obliged. It helps retain as much of your deposit as possible and helps give you a better future reference.
- For Landlords – We recommend that Landlord get full Property + Appliance + Carpets end of tenancy clean. This gives the best impression to new tenants and gets your landlord-tenant relationship off to the best possible start.
- For Agents – As with Landlords, we recommend getting a full Property + Appliance + Carpets end of tenancy clean. Giving the best first impression to new tenants and landlords while getting your agent-landlord-tenant relationship off to the best possible start.
So, how much does an end of tenancy clean cost?
Studio Flat can range from £95 to £240, averaging at £195
1-2 Bedroom Flat can range from £140 to £315, averaging at £250
2-3 Bedroom House can range from £155 to £380, averaging at £315
4-5 Bedroom House can range from £185 to £525, averaging at £370
6+ Bedroom House can range from £230, averaging at £415
The prices above are average estimates and depend specifically on your specific needs.